Globally nearly 1 in 10 children do not have access to education
Education is the key to escaping a life trapped in poverty. For families living in some of the poorest places on earth, education is their greatest hope for their children to build a brighter future.
Tragically, more than 58 million primary school aged children are out of school globally. Each and every one of these children have unlimited potential but without access to education they are missing out on the chance to reach it.
How Education Helps Children
What Are We Doing?
ChildFund works with communities to develop long-term sustainable changes to help children for good. Education is at the core of the work we do to ensure children have a future free from poverty.
Here are just some of the ways ChildFund helps children get the education they need:
- Building schools and early childhood development centres to ensure children have access to schools close by.
- Paying for children's school fees where money is a barrier to their education.
- Providing books and educational materials so students have everything they need to learn.
- Training teachers to be the best they can be. When teachers are supported in their teaching students thrive.
- Providing school lunches in areas where children come to school with hungry tummies - school lunches help children to concentrate at school and boost school enrollment numbers.
- Building and supporting 'child clubs' where children are encouraged to build confidence, learn their rights and have space to just be kids!
- Provide child centred spaces in emergency situations so that children are able to keep going to school and enjoy time with other children in the face of difficult circumstances.